Thursday, 29 June 2017

Forget the 5 star Accommodation and Try the Million Star Experience.






I always search for something different in every travel I plan. That something which could last forever in my life. Then here comes my stay in Lompoul village, in fact while planning my visit to the Lompoul desert I thought about sleeping in a tent at the starting point of the desert. The guys of the Hotel Camp du Dèsert, came to pick us up at the main road with their old red truck. Of course you need a 4 wheel drive to reach the place. The road was sandy and full of dunes. Sleeping here inside has been a memorable experience; we couldn't stop wondering the landscape especially after the sunset. (It was a full moon night). Anyway we do not recommend it for more than a night because we are not more used to the absence of some important basic services. The prices seemed to me higher than other hotels around. In my opinion, an eco-structure can't absolutely have such a high price; the absence of basic commodities, such as water (they gave us a can of 50 liters) and toilet (very rustic) would have been justified by a cheaper price.  There were insects everywhere. Even though worth a try: the full moon, the million an millions of stars in the sky and the dunes of the dessert will make it absolutely unforgettable. Forget the 5 star Accommodation and Try the Million Star Experience.










14 comments:

  1. This is exactly the experience that I am looking forward to next. Under the full moon or starry sky..in a tent..on the sand dunes. Who needs a 5 star hotel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like to try unusual places to stay sometimes. We slept in a wagon on the prairie once. I'll never for get that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the name of this in Lompoul village?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to experience this million star accommodation. Gazing through the stars at night with a special someone would be sweet and romantic.

    BLAINE IS LOST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya Korteling www.cantravelwilltravel.com

    This sounds like a wonderful unique experience, the high price may put me off a bit but sometimes you have to a pay a premium for a different experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love camping so this sort of accommodations would be even better! The night sky was beautiful I bet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too will prefer this million star experience.
    Nothing like being close to nature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recall being in the desert in Rajasthan, waking up at 5 am and being completely bowled over by the show put out by the sky. Thumbs up to the million star experience - anyday !

    ReplyDelete
  9. To be honest I'd prefer a million star experience too! I absolutely love to star gaze and would love to experience this once.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We too have stayed in a camp at Nako and it was awesome. We were glaring at stars for hours and the snow covered peaks were shining in the full moon. Those memories are still etched in our heart.But we haven't experience the same in deserts and surely gonna try this too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah. Thanks for the tip! I would love to try it too! Traveling is more fun when we go out of our comfort zones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha a million star compared to 5 star!? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sure!!! Id love to try million stars! Must be awesome and spectacular to camp out! Been wantinn to do this actually id prefer this to a luxury hotel one time!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your feedback

Most wanted